There are a lot of issues in the present world, but the global crisis of water shortage takes everything else a second-fiddle. Many of us take fresh water availability for granted. According to a report, only U.S wastes 7 billion gallons of drinking water in a single day. As we know that only 1% of surface earth water is useful for human consumption. The wastefulness of water and terminus weather conditions have worsened the fresh water shortage in all over the world.
From the shortage of freshwater leading to droughts , water drains are in shortage worldwide. Hence, it’s the need of time that we should save water so that future generation’s may survive.
Sanitization of water is a challenge for developing countries like Pakistan but some developed countries are using Artificial Intelligence approaches to clean the basic drinking water.
Artificial Intelligence techniques for water sanitization:
Researchers are using AI as a simulated method to traditional hydrological prototypes which are proving to be successful and effective.
Hydrological issues like Floods, droughts and water pollution are barriers in management and renewable water resources. Developing countries cannot resolve the hydrological issues because of economic and infrastructure limitations. Artificial Intelligence serves as a friendly approaches in such challenging situation.
Because they are less cost-effective when compared to big data mechanisms.
Following countries are using AI approaches to meet global water crisis:
- The state of Illinois, US, has used the feedforward training algorithm for the prediction of pesticide quotation in groundwater. They used aquifer depth & sensitivity to pesticide, pesticide leaching and samples for a specific time as vectors for these ANN.
- To analyse nitrate content in groundwater in the wells of Harran Plain in Turkey, researchers used temperature, electrical conductivity, and Ph levels of groundwater as vectors for ANN.
- Iran has developed multilayer perceptron (MLP) to model the rainfall-runoff process by rainfall durations, average intensities and season index of over 100 occurrences as vectors for the model.
- China used an SVM model for groundwater quality assessment at the Naingziguan fountain by using groundwater quality classification indicators as vectors, which resulted in high prediction accuracy.
- Japan is using an Artificial Intelligence techniques to make the water sanitization faster & economical .
- A Tokyo company AnyTech is using an inventive method to clean the water which was established in 2015. It is using computer based deep learning approach of Artificial Intelligence which finds the pollutants in water irresistibly. Deep learning computer uses cheaper & faster methods to clean the water from pollutants in comparison with any other traditional method.
- Japan is already using DeepLiquid for the purpose of contaminated water treatments plan . AnyTEch company goal is to expands its business to overseas under developed countries all over the world.
ACCORDING TO WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION (WHO), ABOUT 2 BILLION PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD USE CONTAMINATED WATER & 785 MILLION PEOPLE DO NOT HAVE PROVISION OF BASIC DRINKING WATER.